Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

International test takers and pen

dudenerdudener Member
in General 36 karma

Hey guys, I’ve recently restarted to study for the test and noticed that there has been a number of changes. I’m planning to take the international version of the test in June and I think I would find it useful to have a pen during the game section, mainly in order to have certain fixed variables written in ink and change others as the need may be by using an eraser and rewriting with a pencil. While pens are given to the test takers of the digital version, so far I haven’t seen any explicit statement by the LSAC permitting test takers of the pencil-and-paper version to bring their own pen. I think this difference between the two groups of test takers is an unfair one which can easily be overcome without cost or undue problems, and I’ve been hoping to see some changes in this regard. Are any international test takers or takers of the paper version of the test willing to formally ask LSAC for permission or would I have to wait until I register for the test next year (in May or so) to see this change in policy? I was just wondering if anyone else had a similar wish and was willing to do something about it. Thanks and good luck!

BTW, I really appreciate the free logic games videos J.Y. Ping!

Comments

• Harvey DentHarvey Dent Alum Member
    81 karma

Hi friend,
    Switching writing utensils and also erasing will waste lots of valuable time.
    You also may be erasing potential answer choices to CBT questions if you choose to erase and not set up separate game boards.

The LSAC explicitly prohibits ink pens in the LSAT candidate agreement.
    https://www.lsac.org/about/lsac-policies/lsat-candidate-agreement

Personal opinion:
    I personally found that the pen LSAC gives you writes slower than most of my pencils.