Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hitting my stride for last month of study.

RealLaw612RealLaw612 Member
edited November 2019 in November 2019 LSAT 1094 karma

November will hopefully be my last take. I first took in June when I was mid - high 160s (with one 170) and cancelled because I was nervous on test day. Wrote again in September with Prep Test scores hovering in high 160s - low 170s and scored 164. Gutted, I'm going for one more try and am finally consistently hitting the mid 170s. Last month of PTs has been 177, 174, 175, 163 (was sick) 166 (next day - still recovering), Tuesday's 172, and today's 173. My diagnostic last December was 157. When I started out I had no idea I'd ever be where I am today: looking to go knock a 170+ out of the park on Monday.

I've learned some incredibly valuable lessons along the way. For one thing: never stop respecting this test or it will punish you. Next, don't forget that the light at the end of this tunnel is law school, then the Bar exam, followed by a meaningful career practicing law. Finally, this test is intended to quantify your ability to understand and reason with complex/dense words and situations - consider that getting better at these skills is early preparation for your future career.

No matter what happens I know without a doubt I, personally, wouldn't be hitting these scores without the excellent content of this site and the brilliant, dynamic support found here on the forums. If I'm having a bad prep day, I know I can find the right motivation here - it's happened multiple times. So, with that, thanks to all for sharing the adventure. To those taking the November exam: may the logic come easily and may the curve be generous.

Comments