Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do I need an addenda for the 11 months I did not work during my last year of undergrad

_oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member

I took a break to study for the LSAT and I did not do that well on the LSAT so I would rather not say that.
On job applications I just wrote that my part time job conflicted with my school schedule so I had to quit to finish my undergrad on time. I started a new job as soon as I graduated. (my work break was from August - July).
As I finished my undergrad in 4 years, its pretty clear that I was in school full time, so I think it's kind of a given that I wasn't just f*cking around for 11 months and I don't need to explain it? or should I explain just in case?

Comments

• TexAgAaronTexAgAaron Alum Member
    1723 karma

Were you active in any other groups or clubs in school? I tried to do the school/work/study for LSAT combo and failed twice so I know what you mean. The main thing is that you are doing something with your time; that is what admissions is looking for.

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

No you should be fine. You only need to explain long periods that you were not working and also not in school. You should be doing something full time, or part time at least. Many people don’t work during school when going full time.

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

nah you should be fine

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    3652 karma

thanks ya'll i've really been overthinking every tiny thing in my apps

• Paul CaintPaul Caint Alum Member
    edited December 2017 3521 karma

No I don't think you do.

I don't think working during the school year is expected from any law schools.

You're technically a "full-time student."

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited December 2017 23929 karma

As everyone said, you're fine. The fact you worked at all and have some WE will be a nice soft though!

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

Don't explain it. That would just draw attention to it. If you are asked in an interview, the class schedule reason or even just studying for the LSAT works.