Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advice urgently needed: study strategy for retake

CRLSUUUUCRLSUUUU Member
in General 162 karma

Hi guys,

I need some advice for studying for a retake (Jan). I got a 169 in October but I hope to break into the 170s.

I've foolproofed pretty much everything from 1-60s for LG, although I still freeze up on odd games.. And for LR, I can go anywhere from -0 to -5. For RC it's usually -2 to -5. October was my second take too and I really think that I should have some sort of plan to use my time most efficiently leading up to January's exam. Should I be studying individual question type? Should I redo PTs I've done before? (I do have about 10 clean PTs left though). I just don't really know how to go about this because I've been doing in depth BRs all along. I spend on avg 8-10 hrs BRing every PT I take and it's so frustrating when it doesn't seem to get me consistently over 170+.

Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• drbrown2drbrown2 Alum Member
    2227 karma

What helped me get over the last hurdle was blind review calls. You can go super in depth on your own and still not see something that someone else sees in an incorrect answer choice. Also, explaining your reasoning to someone else really tests your understanding and helps with confidence. Keep working on games every day to keep that skill up and focus on LR for drills, mixing in RC here and there. After a few days of drills and blind review calls work through a fresh PT and repeat. Now is a good time to make sure your diet and exercise/sleep schedule are optimal.