Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bridge gap between Br and Actual Scores with 11 PTs Left

chisal17chisal17 Alum Member
edited December 2019 in General 289 karma

I'm scoring an average of 158-162 on my actual timed PTs but I'm BRing at a consistent 173+. My goal is to be able to bridge this gap, and hopefully score a 175+. I understand that comes with practice and with targeting weaknesses. However, I only have about 11 PTs left (I have all the PTs so it isn't an issue of obtaining more). My goal is to take this test by March 2020. I am out of school and work full-time and am not in the financial position to take time away from work. Most of my time is devoted to PTing on weekends, and BRing during eveningsmornings over the weekdays.

As for my breakdowns (answering this question before its asked lolol):
LG: -0 (i am able to finish all questions timed)
LR: - 4/-5 (i am able to finish all questions timed)
RC: -15 typically (i cannot finish the timed section and am typically left with the last passage untouched)

I know I need to really hone in on RC mainly and some on refining my detailed understanding of LR and that the majority of my score increase will come from there. However, I have also been reading a lot online that people have averaged 20-30 PTs before they started hitting the 175+ range. I only have about 10 left and had previously studied for the LSAT before taking some time off so I had used all the tests in the 60s and 70s during that time to prep. I know I need to take the 80s when I'm closer to my test date, but I don't want to waste them if I cant make it to test day/am not scoring where I need to be.

Advice or shared experiences and anything else you guys have to offer would be greatly appreciated. I've been sifting through discussion posts and haven't found advice pertaining to my exact situation and so I'm hopeful this post will be beneficial to more than just myself.

Comments

• Lolo1996Lolo1996 Member
    498 karma

Following this! I am facing a very similar challenge. Sorry I cant be of any use OP, just know you are not alone :( thank you for starting this thread.

• lexxx745lexxx745 Alum Member Sage
    3190 karma

Hm. I BR usually 172-176. 172 is on the low end if im pissed after a PT lol and rush the BR... which is horrible. My last scores have been 166 165 166 and 167 all with pretty recent PTS. I have plenty of PTs left and I think it really comes down to just throughly going over each and every PT. Its hard because your LR and LG are solid, but -15 on RC is pretty brutal. RC is the hardest to improve for sure, but you should be able to get quite a few more points. With not a lot of PTs left, I would retake some RC passages, especially the harder ones. Maybe pick up the economist?

It seems like untimed you can do the RC fine, so its not a matter of comphrension per say, but speed.