Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should i write a diversity statement if my PS addresses diversity too?

RainbowsRainbows Alum Member
edited April 2020 in Law School Admissions 8 karma

I wrote my PS about being a minority but i also want to write about being a refugee. Should i write a diversity statement or is it too much?

Comments

• Sean YoungSean Young Alum Member
    12 karma

idk if you have time but maybe narrowly tailor you ps to be about something a little bit more different than you ds idea. or rework your ps to incorporate your experience as a refugee as well. i think that your ps and ds should be 2 different ideas, you don't want you app to be redundant. Idk what it feels like to be muslim or to be a refugee but that sounds like a super compelling story, that i would love to read about and im sure a law admissions person would love to read about. its about making sure your app tells your story well. so if a DS + PS works then go for it. but if its too redundant and too much overlap i wouldn't.

• Pride Only HurtsPride Only Hurts Alum Member
    2186 karma

Absolutely write a diversity statement. Your experiences as a refugee are a part of who you are and your perspective will definitely add to the diversity of any schools student body.