Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Learning from random negative outliers

josiahjrutledgejosiahjrutledge Alum Member

I've made a ton of progress on LG over the last two weeks. On my two practice tests, each taken a few months ago, I went -5 and -8, respectively. Over the past week or so of doing LG sections, I've gone -0/-1/-2. However, today I had a really bad section (PT8) where I got -6. Really took a long time (12 minutes) on the first game, which should've been a quick one, and that bit me later as I ran out of time on the last question and had to rush through a few others. Later in the day, however, I took two more sections and went -0 on both, meaning that of the last five sections I've taken (over the past two days), I've gotten four perfect scores and the one -6.

Wondering if anyone has any advice on extracting the lesson from those random really bad LG sections? So far, I'm thinking it was a combo of not being well-rested enough (what with it being New Year's), along with not being very good at overloaded sequencing games, but I'm wondering how I can extract other lessons from the bad section. Thoughts?

Comments

• Michael.CincoMichael.Cinco Member Sage
    2116 karma

I'd just make sure they are not random.

Game type, LR question type, maybe a way you approached the passage. You gotta diagnostic everything.

For games I would try to see if perhaps there was a different way to approach the game. Sometimes it may not be due to that game at all. If you were inefficient in a 2 star game which left you with less time for the 5 star game you will need to address that.