Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

March LSAT for Fall 2020? NOT T14. I'm really panicing :(

dansykes94dansykes94 Core Member
in General 112 karma

Hi all,

Sorry to be dramatic but i'm having a crisis here

PT average 159-160 After 10 PTs.

I am hoping to to go to the University Of Illinois law school for Fall 2020. I'm 25 and from the UK. Their deadline is March 15th.

I'm taking the January LSAT in 5 days time and panicing as I'm STILL struggling with Logic games. I've done over 100 unique sets, some multiple times and I still average about -10. but i've improved from the -20 i began with. I hoped i'd of been able to master them by now and i'm freaking out about it. Because i'm in the UK I cannot do the February exam. I feel so desperate i'm tempted to register for February in the US and fly there just to take it.

My LR and RC is consistently around -5 and i find them infinetly easier than LG.

If i manage to perfect Logic Games (or even raise LR or RC to - 2) in the 10 weeks before the March Exam and score a 167 plus over their medium of 162, do you think that would compensate for the late application? As they're not a T14 school, loads of decisions and scholarships are awareded well into June time. I would apply with my January score, include a Why X essay and ask they review the application upon receipt of the March score. If I'm an otherwise outstanding candidate, would they really care if i'm just a few weeks later than their deadline? judging from mylsn there is little difference in outcomes for those who applied ON the deadline of March 15 and even though who applied before Christmas.

I have 3 years of very solid work experience in public service. I've deferred going to law school for 3 cycles already and am desperate to move on with my life. I just can't wait another year.

Thank you,

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27829 karma

If a delay is going to place your application past the deadline, that seems problematic. An application turned in late in the cycle is different from one turned in past the deadline. Each school has their own policies in the admit office, so just make sure you’re not shooting yourself in the foot. They set their deadline where it is for a reason, so there is every reason to believe they might care that your application is past their deadline. Don’t take any chances with that. Talk to them.

Whatever you do, panicking going into the test is not going to be very useful. You need to be at peace with where you’re scoring if you’re going to be testing. You seem to be on the cusp of cracking the median even without improvement, so just take the test to the best of your ability. Your ability may or may not get you there, but the number one thing I’ve seen make people tank on test day is trying to outperform their own abilities. Go in there and just do your thing. Not my thing, not what might’ve been your thing with an extra three months of studying, not the guy next to you’s thing. Execute your skills, as they currently exist, as best you can. That will produce your best possible outcome which will include score ranges that crack the median at UI.

Also, plan for the panic. It’s going to happen on test day, so figure out now how to recognize it, and develop a plan for how to respond to and manage it.

• vichinskyvichinsky Alum Member
    503 karma

Why don't you send your application with your current score then say you are planning to retake.