Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Study Group for June 2015

sarahfatima28sarahfatima28 Alum Member
edited February 2015 in General 320 karma
hi i am starting my prep june 2015 exam. i have been looking around at various prep courses but i think 7sage is the cheapest and makes sense for me 4 months left. i have taken two prep tests and scored around 152.
I will buy the 3 month package i was wondering if any one else is on the same page as me.

Comments

• harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    I'm not studying for June (well maybe, depends where my prep tests marks are at). But I'm def studying for October!
  • JWEdgar80JWEdgar80 Alum Member
    31 karma
    I'm studying for June as well. I'm averaging 157 right now, and shooting for 165. FYI, I'm half way through the curriculum.
  • sarahfatima28sarahfatima28 Alum Member
    320 karma
    When did you start preparing? Havent you given any prep test so far?
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    Shooting for June as well. I have 2 more weeks left to finished. I'm aiming for a 160+
  • Edit SzantoEdit Szanto Alum Member
    28 karma
    I am also studying for June 2015. I just started a week ago.
    320 karma
    Great! So there are a few of us, though at different points in the course. If nothing we can use this group to discuss our problems, worries and share our story. :)
  • mepujalsmepujals Alum Member
    103 karma
    I'm studying for June, count me in! I started at the beginning of January but am slightly behind on the curriculum due to work so probably at a comparable spot to some of you:)
  • NalaPreLawNalaPreLaw Alum Member
    20 karma
    I'm in for June, as having withdrew my Feb 7, 2015 :/ My issue is timing with all sections. It could be confidence factor, so I hoping these next 4 months build that. 160+ consistently.
    320 karma
    What are the supplementary readings you guys are taking?
    3462 karma
    The Economist, The New Yorker, Scientific America, Wall Street Journal and I'm also reading a book once a week. It's a never ending process :)
    320 karma
    Hmmm. Makes sense. :)
  • jimenezja.jjjimenezja.jj Alum Member
    187 karma
    I'm aiming for June as well. Hopefully my other commitments won't interfere with my LSAT studying. I started the 7sage package yesterday. Best of luck to everyone!
  • Nykisha KNykisha K Free Trial Member
    13 karma
    Hi everyone! I'd love to join this group. I'm just starting my studies as of this week, which has been pushed back since January due to work and home life. I really need the help and motivation of others; if not for anything other than having an open forum to talk. PM me details!!!! Can't wait guys :-)
  • GSTARE25GSTARE25 Alum Member
    14 karma
    Yup, I'm in! Started a week ago. Did my first LSAT prep test this morning... only scored 141, but ironically, I did well on the difficult questions and over-thought the simpler questions.
  • pjtedescpjtedesc Free Trial Member
    2 karma
    Just started my prep today. A really good book I would recommend is the lsat trainer. I did the first 4 chapters, took my diagnostic and scored a 160. thats really what i was going for (lol) so i guess ill up my expectations to 170+
    3462 karma
    @pjtedesc wow! that's great!
  • lsatonmymindlsatonmymind Alum Member
    edited February 2015 135 karma
    Heyy all! I'm in as well! :)
  • sneakymurphsneakymurph Member
    56 karma
    Could I join as well?
  • lsatonmymindlsatonmymind Alum Member
    135 karma
    How is this study group going to work?? Skype or just posting on this thread?
    320 karma
    yes. Everybody is welcome here. Just keep posting here. i am starting as well. signed up for the 3 month course on 9th feb. Diagnostic was 152. Aiming for a 180 or else death.
  • tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    2573 karma
    Hi all! I'm shooting for June as well, but I'm already through the entire curriculum. I'm now just going back over sections that aren't clear to me. Anybody ready to blind review? I'm lacking motivation right now so I'm looking for a way to stay on track. You guys want to blind review when you finish a section? I can Skype for anyone interested. Any days are cool with me. I'm off at 2 pm EST. Thx!
  • Kristen BKristen B Member
    388 karma
    Hello guys, I am aiming to take the June test as well. I was feeling a little discouraged after taking the diagnostic test; however, I would like to score in the mid-160s, if not higher (I just hope this is not an unrealistic goal). I just started the curriculum, and I would love to be a part of any sort of study group! Also, as a side note, I did take an in class LSAT course back in October, so I am familiar with the test--I just need to work on my timing. Thanks :)
    320 karma
    So how is the prep going do far?

the major problem i face is motivation. i get tense thinking about the score and end up doing nothing at all. at times i even question if the materials i have are enough or should i be buying other stuff too. the fact that so many people are drilling and taking pt's while i am still starting out with the fundamentals is scaryyyyyy but i guess one needs to put blinders on when doing tests like these. anyone else feel the same?
  • Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    edited March 2015 3438 karma
    @sarahfatima28 the score will come at the end of the process... work towards it ;) ... and yes the materials that you have are enough to do well... 7sage is ALL you need. The ONLY materials that are needed and the ONLY materials that should be used from prepping for the LSAT are actual LSAT questions the vast majority of which are provided in the curriculum either as explanations and drills or as PTs - and you would be hard pressed to find better methods and explanations of how to do those questions than JY's and Jon's. you're doing the right thing as far as your focus on fundamentals is concerned because they are the foundation of a good LSAT score. Keep working and a good score will follow. All the best.
    320 karma
    @"Nilesh S" Yeah. Thanks
  • ljpeters91ljpeters91 Alum Member
    3 karma
    I'm down, let me know the details! I'm taking it in June as well