Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Applying for Fall.

vichinskyvichinsky Live Member

Would taking the LSAT in April be too late for the Fall. I took the LSAT on Monday and im planning to retake it.

Comments

• FindingSageFindingSage Alum Member
    2042 karma

I also took the LSAT on Monday and not confident in how well I did. Very good chance I am retaking as well. Is there a reason you are looking at April rather than March? I would also love feedback on this as well. Depending on horrible my November score is I might consider applying and then letting schools know I am taking March as well.

• vichinskyvichinsky Live Member
    519 karma

I was looking into taking it March or April. I was just asking which test would be better to take. But we have the same plan applying with our current scores and then retaking.

• EagerestBeaverEagerestBeaver Alum Member
    703 karma

I can't say definitively if it is too late or not, but you are not doing yourself any favors applying for this Fall with a March/April score. By the time you are ready to apply, many spots will have been filled and money allotted. If your goal is simply getting accepted somewhere regardless of financials, then some schools will still be accepting apps, but it depends on where you are applying.

519 karma

Thank you for the advice and feedback. I just don't want to wait another year to go to Law School.

• taschasptaschasp Alum Member Sage
    796 karma

The straight answer to your question depends on the school(s) you are applying to. You need to check what the last LSAT date is that they accept. Some schools accept February as their last LSAT, some accept March, and some accept April...

The less-straight answer, though, depends on what you mean by "too late." If you care about saving money and not going into major debt, it might be too late insofar as you will not really be in the running for scholarships. But whether the trade-off is worth it to you in order to go to law school a year early is a subjective question only you can answer.

• dansykes94dansykes94 Core Member
    112 karma

@taschasp From what I've seen on MyLSN, some schools in the T50 will give out full scholarships well into summer for above median LSATs. There are 10 data examples of people applying to UIUC in March or past their deadline with a 160 plus LSAT and all got very nice scholarships.

T14, i would agree however is far too late in the cycle to hope for scholarship though. You'll get in if your numbers are good perhaps

519 karma

I planned on applying with whatever score I get on the January LSAT and tell my perspective law school im retaking it.