Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Georgetown Application Status

JDsalingerJDsalinger Free Trial Member

Is it possible to check the status of an application other than waiting for a piece of mail?

I applied 6 weeks ago early decision. They guarantee response in 4 weeks, but I haven't yet heard from them. I live in a NYC apartment, so there's a that a piece of mail got lost. Wondering at what point I should take next steps (for example, calling admissions office?)

Comments

• Grace...Grace... Alum Member
    339 karma

When you apply, schools usually email you for an Application Status Checker user ID and a password, which is usually in the receipt confirmation email. Have you received it? If not, you should probably call them.

• JDsalingerJDsalinger Free Trial Member
    27 karma

I have received it. My application says "completed" on the online portal, however Georgetown doesn't subsequently change the online status after a decision is rendered.

I haven't received a ding/waitlist email yet - so I'm just nervous that a letter may have gotten lost in the mail.

It seems weird that they would guarantee a response in 4 weeks and then take 6+ to respond. Maybe that's normal though.