Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Submitting my Law School Application in April for Fall 2020 Admission

Hello 7Sagers,

I am planning on taking the LSAT in April, and worry that submitting my application at that time will be a little too late for Fall 2020 admission.

If I submit my application (today for example), will my application be treated as if it was submitted at that time once my April LSAT score is out, the application is reviewed, and a decision is rendered?

Meaning, if I apply early while waiting to take a future LSAT, will my application count as if it was submitted with an LSAT score once it is reviewed?

Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thank you ;)

Comments

• trilogy83trilogy83 Free Trial Member
    14 karma

Just so you know, that's around the time that people are making their seat deposits, so while it depends on the school, April is probably out of the question.

• Waffle23Waffle23 Alum Member
    603 karma

It really depends on the school, some of them have deadlines all the way in August. I would call and confirm with the specific schools you’re interested in.

• LSATPREP2019LSATPREP2019 Member
    17 karma

It depends on the school. A regional school I am looking at has already gone through my application and will make a decision once my LSAT score is released. Another regional school said they will not look at the application until the score has been released. In both scenarios, they encouraged early application but did not say May was too late.

• JDisJD.21JDisJD.21 Member
    41 karma

@LSATPREP2019 Yes you're right,I emailed one school and was encouraged to apply! My application will be reviewed, and a decision will be rendered once the score is out. :)