Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1st PT post CC

pdonahopdonaho Core Member
in General 9 karma

Hello all,

So after finishing the cc I took my first pt and scored a 152. -3 LG, -10 LR each, -16 RC. From RC passages it really is hit or miss for me but I think as I get used to the timing it will be more hit, LR I still struggle with timing as 6 of the 10 I missed on each section I guessed on, and games are okay I think for Rn. If any fellow 7sagers have been are or in this spot any advice would be helpful.

Thanks

Patrick

Comments

• lexxx745lexxx745 Alum Member Sage
    3190 karma

I started similar to you! Just keep practicing haha

• DaBears85DaBears85 Alum Member
    284 karma

Started with a 139 diagnostic. 143 first PT after the CC. 169 on my last PT. Just takes time. Took me 14 months to get to this point. Put in the work and it'll come.

• Hopeful9812Hopeful9812 Member
    872 karma

I have been in a similar situation with RC and LR and the best thing that has helped me is to keep practicing and doing more problems and drilling!

• noonawoonnoonawoon Alum Member
    3481 karma

Not sure if this applies to you, but I know that the CC heavily stresses diagramming just to teach it, but you definitely shouldn't be diagramming the majority of LR questions. That could possibly be a source of slowing you down?

• joshowens16joshowens16 Alum Member
    73 karma

What has helped me is doing untimed individual passages for RC. I try to take my time fully understanding the passage and then I answer the questions aiming for 3 minutes for all 5-6 questions.

With LR you just have to blind review. I would recomend doing a wrong answer journal and going over it often.

I went from an average of -8 on LR to -3/4 in just a matter of weeks doing this