Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do you keep from falling behind on the core curriculum?

MiamiLaw2024MiamiLaw2024 Alum Member
in General 62 karma

Hey everyone! So I started 7Sage almost a months ago. My syllabus requires me to complete 15-20 hours of studying per week. When I first saw this, I thought it was a manageable study goal. However, I fell behind on this schedule and now I'm having trouble getting back on track. I'm about 2 weeks behind on my study schedule even though I've been studying for several hours everyday. The thing is that even though a curriculum may be 3 hours long, or I plan to complete 2 hours of it, I will usually spend longer hours studying a particular concept just to understand it. I've quickly come to learn that just because a curriculum is 5 hours long, doesn't mean I will comprehend it in 5 hours. For this reason, I have fallen behind. I'm aiming to take the LSAT in July. I know that this is many months away, but I still don't want to fall behind on the core curriculum.
Has this happened to any of you? if so, what do you do to prevent falling behind and/or to catch up? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• LogicianLogician Alum Member Sage
    2464 karma

I gave myself an estimated 3-4 months to finish the ultimate+ cc along with all of the problem sets and I think I ended up finishing it more along the lines of 4-5 months. This was because I focused not just simply on getting through the cc but actually learning and soaking up all the new information I was learning. Which in my opinion will end up being a lot more efficient in the long run. If you go through focused on learning rather than “completing the cc” yes it may take you a little longer but you’ll be revisiting the cc a lot less once you’re done. So don’t get too hung up or discouraged on falling a little behind. Especially if it comes at the cost of more effective learning and retention.

• MiamiLaw2024MiamiLaw2024 Alum Member
    62 karma

That's great advice! I completely agree! I'm also already starting to feel the pressure of burn out. I haven't been able to retain much of what I was studying, so I didn't study at all yesterday or today hoping that maybe some rest will help me bounce back. But now I feel guilty that i'm falling even more behind lol time management just isn't my forte and it's crucial right now as I have a strict timeframe before I take the LSAT in July :/

• lexxx745lexxx745 Alum Member Sage
    3190 karma

I didnt do every problem set, i finished in a month. I think i probably did like half of all problem sets

• Vivi LSAT.Vivi LSAT. Alum Member
    edited February 2020 4 karma

Hi Everyone. Thank you for all of the great feedback. I am debating on getting the Ultimate vs. Ultimate+ to complete the CC and the workload to prepare for the July 13th 2020 LSAT. What is the best package in terms of soaking everything to achieve the best score I can achieve? Also considering, I will not need a 12 month access, 9 months should be enough. Thank you in advance.