Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do you keep up with prior knowledge as you move through the core curriculum?

Protas21SavageProtas21Savage Live Member
in General 89 karma

Hey guys,

I'm moving through the CC and noticed that I didn't do as well on PAI questions. I'm moving on to Must be True/False questions and wanted to see how you all handled previously learned material. Did you do daily drills in areas you felt you performed worse as you made your way through the curriculum? Did you let your analytics dictate what you studied after completing the CC in its entirety?

Basically, how did you keep your knowledge fresh of previously learned material?

Comments

• LarisaaaLarisaaa Live Member
    61 karma

This is a good question and this exact thing is why I think people should actually start the curriculum when they can actually attack a lot of it at once as opposed to dragging it out for a year. I think going through the curriculum and doing practice tests, drills and what not will make it so that you don't forget what you learned because you're applying it to the questions. This program is really dense but I think there's a pro in it that its getting concreted into your brain but the con is if you aren't applying your knowledge and are dragging out the curriculum, you'll probably forget what you learned.

• Protas21SavageProtas21Savage Live Member
    89 karma

@Larisaaa said:
    This is a good question and this exact thing is why I think people should actually start the curriculum when they can actually attack a lot of it at once as opposed to dragging it out for a year. I think going through the curriculum and doing practice tests, drills and what not will make it so that you don't forget what you learned because you're applying it to the questions. This program is really dense but I think there's a pro in it that its getting concreted into your brain but the con is if you aren't applying your knowledge and are dragging out the curriculum, you'll probably forget what you learned.

Exactly, I don't wanna forget what I learned when I need it, but my concern with drills/practice tests is running out of material eventually. Even now, I use 7Sage and a few other resources and I'm already running into familiar questions.

• WalrusbananaWalrusbanana Live Member
    16 karma

I LOVE the book "Make it Stick." It completey changed my way of learning. Also mind mapping is a helpful tool for developing strong connections and developing higher order learning, which is better recalled months later.