Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blind Review help

inactiveinactive Alum Member
in General 12637 karma
Hey 7Sagers,

Had someone write in with a question that I thought you could help out with! Here it is:

I’m having difficulty with regards to the accuracy of my BR abilities. I’m already heavily stressed during timed pt. And I don’t have the confidence/ memory to remember to circle the questions.

My mind is already heavily condensed with information. It’s a fault in my capabilities, but i want to be honest and realistic with myself.

So, what about this amended BR method

Day 1: PT 40/Timed
Day 2: New clean copy of PT 40 Un-timed
Then grade both copies/ watch video & keep track of missed questions.

Comments

• jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    2654 karma
    yeah of course... only thing different from what I do is a clean copy but I generally go over everything so this just makes sure they don't skip a question, I see nothing wrong with it
  • GSU HopefulGSU Hopeful Core
    1644 karma
    It seems to be the same thing. Only difference is the second clean copy. I believe it to be a good idea to follow. Not only will they be able to take on the harder questions without the time constraints, but they are reinforcing the manner in which they arrived at the answers to the questions that they didn't have an issue with.
  • harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    Sounds like a good idea! You can do it :)
  • shine.on.meshine.on.me Alum Member
    463 karma
    I like that idea. I may use it too. :-)
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    Sounds like a good idea to follow. Maybe later on in their studying they'll remember to circle the questions they had difficulties with. Either way it seems like it'll be the same. But taking every PT twice, once timed & then untimed, can be very time-consuming.
  • blah170blahblah170blah Alum Inactive ⭐
    3545 karma
    Great idea! I agree that it should be a clean copy. Also, I would have a stop watch running to see how long it takes to get through the questions untimed and see how long the first 10-15 questions take, and how long the latter half of a section takes. Or game. Or passage. It's nice to have a time reference.

I kind of did something similar except that I used the second clean copy to note why I believed a certain answer choice was right/wrong. If I didn't have an explanation for every single answer choice for a question, I circled that and made sure to go over videos/read explanations.
  • shine.on.meshine.on.me Alum Member
    463 karma
    To add to the discussion, I personally have a problem with accepting a different answer than my original one especially on LR. And this leads to wrong answers. So, I think a clean copy will help with that even though it will be time consuming. I think it will help until I can more clearly handle each question type with 100% certainty.
  • Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    3438 karma
    yeah... + what would also help is keeping track of the questions that you got wrong on either copy, specially the ones that you got wrong on both... creating an excel dox... noting the Q. no, Section No, PT No, and Type on this dox, also getting a fresh printout, cut out the problem questions and stick them in a notebook so that you can redo them later on in the prep cycle... I used to keep such revision sessions at the last weekend of every month. Contrary to one school of LSAT prep strategy, recycling old LR questions helps a LOT!!!