Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Better approach for Accuracy and Time?

I've been wondering about a different approach to answering the questions in LR sections, in hopes of improving time and accuracy....has anyone heard of an approach where you would answers the LR questions by the type of question (MP, MSS, etc) instead of numerical order? For example, answering all of the MP questions first then tackling all of the MSS question and so on. Instead of jumping our minds from one type of question to another, could it help to tackle all the same type of questions together and then move on? Thoughts?

Comments

• lexxx745lexxx745 Alum Member Sage
    3190 karma

100% dont do that. You would waste probably a minute alone just looking at the question types

For one, if you want to improve accuracy, that comes with improving BR score. And in my honest opinion, speed comes with accuracy. Just improving accuracy is the way to go and along with that will come speed.

• FindingSageFindingSage Alum Member
    2042 karma

Apparently Princeton review advocates this and it is a horrible idea. You will waste precious time hunting for for your prefered question type this way, wasting multuple rounds doing the questions in a really odd order that makes it so you are missing easier choices. Let's say weakening questions are your most feared question, are you really going to skip question 1 which is a weakening question while you go look for a necessary assumption question? What if necessary assumption which you think is your best question type has only 4 and 5 star questions on the particular exam you are looking at?
    It is okay to do some drilling of a particular question type but you don't want to tast this way. Also, the startegies that will work best for you will really depend on where you are scoring, section break down ect. Someone scoring in the 140's isn't taking the test the same way as someone scoring in the 170's and you will be able to see maximum progress by really trying to approach that fits where you are at in terms of score, strengths and weakeness and then adjusting the approach as you improve.

• 165 Hopeful165 Hopeful Member
    18 karma

Great, thanks! I'm glad I threw this out there, I'd been chewing on it for awhile. Now I can move on.