Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting to study

Hey everyone! I'm just starting to seriously study for the LSAT and I was just wondering if you guys had some advice on how to start? How many hours you'd recommend per day/per week? I have the powerscore bibles and I'm starting by reading them but yeah, any recommendations would be amazing!

Comments

• jmarmaduke96jmarmaduke96 Member Sage
    2891 karma

Hi there!

How much you study per day depends in part on how much else you have going on. I would recommend getting in at least 3-4 hours a day 6 days a week. I also started out studying by reading through all of the powerscore bibles, unfortunately they did not help me all that much. However, 7sage has been a tremendous help.

My recommendation, if you have a little while before you take the test, would be to go through the entire 7sage CC as meticulously as you can. At a minimum, watch all of the lessons and try to internalize the information. Also, do as many of the problem sets as you can and make flashcards to review things such as valid/invalid argument forms and conditional indicators. Foolproofing is also a must. Doing all of that should give you a good handle on the fundamentals. After that, start taking PTs and blind reviewing.

I made the vast majority of my progress after finishing the CC, so I am a big believer in squeezing every possible drop of knowledge out of it. There is a lot there and it can be overwhelming, but it is better to go slow and really commit everything to memory than to gloss over concepts and later realize there are gaps in your foundation. And always feel free to ask any questions!

Good luck with the studying!

• lexxx745lexxx745 Alum Member Sage
    3190 karma

Depends on when you want to take the test. First, go through the CC slowly. I would also agree with the above comment and do as many problem sets as possible. More than that though, understand the videos clearly. Watch them twice or thrice over if you have to. Less about the problem sets and more about just understanding how to do them.

Itll be hard to gauge but once you feel like you have a good grasp of the CC, you can start PTing with intense BR.

Start at the later PTs so you dont burn through too many recent tests. Then once you hit your target score, maybe move up ever three PTs so you can jump to the more recent ones.

That is just a GENERAL way I would recommend. Depending on how many hours you CAN do, maybe it would be more efficient to drill/do timed sections.

• 160orbust160orbust Alum Member
    16 karma

3-5 hours a day of good attentive studying is better than saying you study for 8 hours but half of that was distracted by other things, ja feel. Turn off your phone. Get your mind trained for reviewing LSAT material for hours on end but take a break in-between sessions. Discipline is the key don't get discouraged at first you will make progress! Good Luck.