Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tips on Logic Games

astevens95astevens95 Member
edited April 2020 in General 19 karma

Hey all, overall I have been really happy with my improvement, but I'd like to see if I can get into the low 170's. Right now I'm stuck at the 168-169 range. I'm missing an average of 1-2 questions on reading comprehension, and about the same for each logical reasoning section, but I still can't make it through all logic games on a timed test. I usually guess on a majority of the last game. Would anyone have any tips for improving speed and accuracy on the logic games section?

Comments

• I would say that drilling games is your best option, as well as practicing making inferences. Spend majority of your time drilling games and doing each game over and over until you get 100% each time and within the time limit. Filter in LR and RC work here and there to keep your skill set sharp. Review the lessons on LG.

• astevens95astevens95 Member
    19 karma

Okay, thanks so much! I appreciate the tips.

• davidlopez186davidlopez186 Alum Member
    37 karma

I agree. I've been drilling games for a week now and it's shocking how good you can become. Make sure you keep track of all the games you do and re-drill a game any time you get a question wrong. Do this consistently and you'll improve with timing and with making inferences. Also, do you have any tips for Reading Comprehension? How do you manage to only miss 2? My biggest problem is timing and miss like 7-8.

• astevens95astevens95 Member
    19 karma

I think the best way to attack the reading comprehension is to look for structure. Write down a quick summary of the structure for each paragraph and then have a good idea of how the paragraphs fit together. This is probably too vague, but that's something that has helped me.

• comebackszncomebackszn Member
    18 karma

I'm strong in LG, getting 0 to -2 on this section. My LR is terrible ranging from -4 to -12. Would love to hear your tips for LR since most of my wrong answers come on the second half of each section (starting around Q 14 and beyond).

For LG, I would start over untimed. Go back to the basics and make sure you understand the game type based on the prompt and that you can cleanly draw the proper game board setup. I would spend as much time as you can on making all the proper inferences and filling out the remaining board or understanding where the pieces can/can't go, and if it triggers any additional pieces with them. I think once you start to figure this out, the questions become a lot easier, quicker, and clearer.