Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is Ellen Cassidy's "Loophole" book worth buying if I'm already using 7Sage?

Mihael K.Mihael K. Alum Member
in General 76 karma

I'm done the core curriculum and I understand the Logical Reasoning lessons quite well (i.e. the translations, diagramming, formulas, etc) and always apply them when I'm doing LR questions. Regardless, however, LR is still my weakest section - I have a lot of trouble with it.

I've heard a lot of good things about this book "Loophole" and most people are saying they've drastically improved on that section, some even becoming LR masters. Many people have stated they get nothing under -3 on the section (which would be ideal for me).

So a few questions:

1) Is Loophole worth getting if I already have 7Sage and have learned all the LR-related stuff from 7Sage? Will I see a bigger improvement?

2) If someone (like me) doesn't have the time to read the entire book from cover to cover, and is thus unable to cover all sections of the book, what core parts of the book would you recommend I only focus on, to still learn the important elements and thus succeed/improve on LR?

Thank you.

Comments

• Tempore NovissimoTempore Novissimo Alum Member
    103 karma

Hey! I had the same questions you have and decided to get the Loophole because more material doesn't hurt. I'm currently halfway through and I definitely recommend getting it. I have to warn you, the substance of the Loophole isn't that much different than 7sage and I wouldn't say that getting the Loophole will drastically make you a master in LR. To become great at LR its about consistently putting in the time to drill and knowing how to approach the different LR questions. However, what I appreciated about the Loophole is that its a different point of view. Its consistently reminding me of lessons that were on 7sage that I have forgotten about, while also teaching me some new ones as well (CLIR, etc.). I would say if you're not going to take the time to read it, then just drilling and BRing would be a better use of your time. But if you have the time to spend an hour a day to just read and understand what Ellen Cassidy is saying, then it is definitely worth it.

Hope this helps!

• Jay TeeJay Tee Alum Member
    298 karma

I think it’s worth it if you can dedicate the time to it. At a leisurely pace, I finished the book in a month. The greatest skills I’ve taken from the book are translation & CLIR. I’ve been through the CC twice without seeing a huge jump in my LR score on test day due to not being able to comprehend what I was reading under time pressure. The book’s strategies force you to carefully read + understand and give ways to take action/not freeze up & overcome things like not seeing the right answer, something I wasn’t getting from 7Sage. If your issue is with absorbing what you’re reading during timed takes, then I highly recommend this book.

• bunnygirl2827bunnygirl2827 Member
    16 karma

No it isn't. Supposedly she makes fake accounts to hype the book on Reddit. I borrowed the book from my friend and we agreed it's BS. There isn't a short cut to the lsat.

• 99thPercentileOrDieTryin99thPercentileOrDieTryin Free Trial Member
    652 karma

I always recommend The Loophole. It took me from -7 per LR section to a -1 average. I'm a +90th percentile-scorer in real life and I credit at least part of my growth to mastering the translation drill which, incidentally, also helped improve my RC score. As one user mentioned above - there are no shortcuts to the LSAT. That's true: The Loophole takes effort but I found it to be very rewarding in terms of actual results.