Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone Else Read This?

Frenchy555Frenchy555 Live Member
edited April 2020 in Study Guides/Cheat Sheets 393 karma

I remember the first time I read through this article I couldn't stop thinking about it. Started reading through it almost every night at some point. I got in the habit of writing down “slow is smooth, and smooth is fast”, in my notes over and over. Definitely recommend checking out this guys journey, thoughts?

Also, I found the Logic Games portion he covered the most interesting. Just imagine the advantage you'd have on the lsat flex if you could consistently ace every logic games section during a point in your prep and then be able test in the comfort of your own home.

https://service2school.org/beating-lsat-advice-vet-scored-180/

Comments

• foreverconfusedforeverconfused Alum Member
    123 karma

Thanks for sharing :)

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    edited April 2020 8313 karma

Just a little background: "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast", while heard commonly throughout the Army (and likely the military in general), is most commonly used in jumpmaster school, where you train to inspect and safely lead a plane-full of paratroopers from rigging through the jump out of the aircraft. It is often referred to by some as one of the most mentally challenging combat skills courses, and requires you to, among other things, understand and recite a course of training for your jumpers of over 2500 words, verbatim from memory; and inspect three combat rigged paratroopers with intentionally hidden random deficiencies, in a precise sequence, while calling out the exact deficiencies and equipment nomenclature without stopping, in under 5 minutes.

Obviously you can make exactly zero mistakes. In a past life, several years ago, it took me two tries to pass this course.

JMPI (JumpMaster Personnel Inspection)

Informational video on Ft. Benning's Jumpmaster School

PWAC (Practical Work in the AirCraft) exam... where you get to hang yourself out the door of an aircraft in flight. My favorite part (and also the exam I failed).

And what a mass tactical airborne operation looks like.

Anyway... in a field where speed and accuracy are essential in many different applications, "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast" has definitely been proven effective. Thanks for the nostalgic break from studying!

• Frenchy555Frenchy555 Live Member
    edited April 2020 393 karma

@canihazJD I've heard some stories about Airborne School and they never cease to amaze me. If anyones ever having trouble prepping for the Lsat just remember there are guys doing this, makes the Lsat look like a brisk walk through the park. Thank you for you service and loving that profile picture.