Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

7sage Course Question

codyspaschallcodyspaschall Core Member
in General 12 karma

Hey everyone, so I'm working my way through the course so far, and I was just wondering if its recommended to do the problems before JY goes through his approach and ultimately answers the question? Or should I just sit back and look at how he approaches and handles the questions?

Comments

• 1058 karma

As long as you have already watched JY’s video at the beginning of each question type on how to approach that type, then try to solve the question before watching the video explanation. Take detailed notes on the differences between your approach and JY’s. You will retain what you learn so much more this way than simply watching the video without attempting to work through the question.

• codyspaschallcodyspaschall Core Member
    12 karma

Excellent, thank you for the advice!

• Tempore NovissimoTempore Novissimo Alum Member
    edited April 2020 103 karma

I would always recommend being an active learner. I would definitely recommend, first learn how to do the question type and maybe watch a couple of JY's explanation on some questions, but once you feel you have a decent footing, try the questions yourself. I would also recommend writing/typing out your thought process while you do these questions and then seeing how it matches with JYs analysis. Why did you get the question wrong? Why was it that A was so attractive to you when D was the right answer? Where in your process are you making mistakes? What does JY do and how does he approach the stimulus and answer? This is something I wish I took on earlier in my studies and I think it will really help you in your process. Good luck!

• codyspaschallcodyspaschall Core Member
    12 karma

@johnjyoo said:
    I would always recommend being an active learner. I would definitely recommend, first learn how to do the question type and maybe watch a couple of JY's explanation on some questions, but once you feel you have a decent footing, try the questions yourself. I would also recommend writing/typing out your thought process while you do these questions and then seeing how it matches with JYs analysis. Why did you get the question wrong? Why was it that A was so attractive to you when D was the right answer? Where in your process are you making mistakes? What does JY do and how does he approach the stimulus and answer? This is something I took on earlier in my studies and I think it will really help you in your process. Good luck!

This is great advice as well, thank you for the feedback. Definitely going to try to write down my mental process/the strategical approach I take while doing questions. Appreciate it.