Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will LSAT flex impact retake limits?

lexxx745lexxx745 Alum Member Sage
in General 3190 karma

Has anyone heard if the 3 take limit is impacted by LSAT Flex?

Comments

• jmarmaduke96jmarmaduke96 Member Sage
    2891 karma

I forget where I heard it, so I could be mistaken, but I believe that with LSAT Flex they are extending the limit to 4 tests this cycle

• lexxx745lexxx745 Alum Member Sage
    3190 karma

@jmarmaduke96 said:
    I forget where I heard it, so I could be mistaken, but I believe that with LSAT Flex they are extending the limit to 4 tests this cycle

Cant find anything about 4 takes online :(

• jmarmaduke96jmarmaduke96 Member Sage
    2891 karma

Well I cant find it either, maybe I was dreaming lol but I did find this.

https://www.lsac.org/lsat/taking-lsat/lsat-faqs

So three takes in one testing year with the testing year defined as June 1 - May 31. So, my understanding is that you could take the Flex next month and that would count as one of your three takes for this year. However, the "year" would start over and the June Flex exam would count as your "first" for that year. So, you could still test again in July/August if you want as well.

Sorry about any confusion, shows what I get for going off of memory!

• noonawoonnoonawoon Alum Member
    3481 karma

Hi - they did say in the Q&A section of a webinar that they expanded the test take limit for 2020-2021 to 4 takes due to spring cancellation limits. I took a screenshot of this as proof, although I don’t think there’s a way to post pics on here. I would recommend emailing LSAC to have proof of this in writing. If they say something else please let me know

3190 karma

Can you send it to me? or through email ill PM you

3481 karma

@lexxx745 It doesn't look like there is a way to send screenshots via PM. I recommend emailing LSAC yourself to have this information in writing if they don't update their websites to include it. I can post the convo here, though.

Me: "Will LSAT flex be included in the 3 maximum tests per year policy?"

Susan Krinsky: "Yes, it will. However, during 2020-21, the limit will be increased to 4, since the March and April tests had to be canelled."

3190 karma

@noonawoon said:
    @lexxx745 It doesn't look like there is a way to send screenshots via PM. I recommend emailing LSAC yourself to have this information in writing if they don't update their websites to include it. I can post the convo here, though.

Me: "Will LSAT flex be included in the 3 maximum tests per year policy?"

Susan Krinsky: "Yes, it will. However, during 2020-21, the limit will be increased to 4, since the March and April tests had to be canelled."

I emailed them. Can I also get a screenshot through email? I PMed you

3481 karma

LSAC responded to my followup email and said

"The information provided by Susan Krinsky regarding test taking limits is correct."

So there does seem to be confirmation that the limit was increased to 4, but I wish they could publicly confirm it.

3481 karma

Also update: Powerscore is saying that no Flex test will count toward the limit