Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cycle recap

ashr_613ashr_613 Alum Member

I just wanted to express a thanks to all who share their anxieties on this forum because it really helped me hurdle the pressures of apps and studying throughout my journey.

I started studying in summer 18 through 7sage. I ended up putting my career on hold to get married and move abroad. All the while extending my account periodically because I knew I would want to eventually take the lsat and go to law school. Just keeping connected to this community and the dedication of the constant posters helped me muster up enough courage to get back on the horse. Either way I started studying again in June 2019 for the Oct test. I took a diagnostic at 147 timed. That was upsetting but I knew I couldn't just assume I was gonna kill this test without work. I took all but the last 12 pts and got a 160 on the Oct test. I knew I was able to get a few points higher and pushed myself for the January test. I applied to a bunch of schools with that score but told them I was taking a future test and they held my app until my next score came. Finally to my joy I received my Jan test score back. A 164. At that point I was content and decided thats the best I can do I tried twice let's see what happens.
Ok. So a 164 3.86 from an online college BA.
Here's my cycle can't remember dates but my score didn't allow my apps to get to review until the middle of Feb.
University of Houston- accepted with big Scholly
University Cincinnati- same as above
Scu law tech edge program- same as above
Cardozo law- huge Scholly
Loyola L.A.- accepted
Asu-waitlist

After my new score I applied to a few more schools

Bc- accepted half Scholly
Emory- priority wl
Bu- wl
Gw- accepted w some Scholly
UcL.A.- wl
Wustl- accepted with more than half

The reason I'm writing this is not to show off. It's because everyone gets too caught up in the numbers and I see it really holds people back from not only studying but also even applying to schools where they are way below the median. Keep healthy.
Thanks 7sage for making my ride a lot more informed and fearless.

Comments

• jmarmaduke96jmarmaduke96 Member Sage
    2891 karma

Congratulations! Thank you for your post, I think you are absolutely correct that people sometimes get so focused on numbers that they forget about everything else the process is about. Good luck at law school!

• Regis_Phalange63Regis_Phalange63 Alum Member
    1058 karma

Wowwww half scholly from BC and WUSTL with a 164 is amazing!!!!

• Hopeful9812Hopeful9812 Member
    872 karma

Congratulations!! Happy to see your hard-work paying off! Good luck!!

• Confidence150Confidence150 Alum Member
    1417 karma

Congratulations!!! Best of luck.

• ahnendc-1ahnendc-1 Member
    642 karma

Congratulations!!

• LogicianLogician Alum Member Sage
    2464 karma

Congratulations! looks like you ended up with some fantastic options there!

• bfc9czbfc9cz Core Member
    48 karma

Congratulations! Thank you for sharing. Good luck with your decision!

• ashr_613ashr_613 Alum Member
    45 karma

Thanks everyone!