Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to foolproof correctly?

_ _ _ _ __ _ _ _ _ Core Member
in Logic Games 64 karma

Hi everyone,

I am confused about how long I should be waiting between doing a game and then repeating that same game. In the foolproof method video, JY seems to imply that you do the game back to back, over and over in the same sitting/day.

Do you prefer to do the same game multiple times in one day or wait 24+ hours before repeating the game?

Thanks!

Comments

• Confidence150Confidence150 Alum Member
    1417 karma

I personally would give myself a break and redo the games the next day after taking a PT or game section.

• _ _ _ _ __ _ _ _ _ Core Member
    64 karma

Thanks for the input!

• EagerestBeaverEagerestBeaver Alum Member
    703 karma

My strategy was doing them about half an hour later and multiple times the day after. I really tried to memorize the rules and the routine of how to write the rules, combine rules, and pick out inferences. I would do this if I struggled on first attempts.

Do your best to work through games without JYs video first and not just mindlessly chug through games. There are like 90 tests with 4 games each, so 360ish games. That is not so many. You will get through them way faster than you think. While brute memorization is useful if you can realize how to take rules from one game to another, just memorizing games won't be useful because you will never see that exact game again.

• Confidence150Confidence150 Alum Member
    edited May 2020 1417 karma

No problem. I would also try to chain the rules and write out the possibilities (split game boards). Try and see if there are patterns in the rules, and the patterns can be applied across games. First, answer CBT questions as you are given a premise (condition) to work with, then MBT/MBF questions (think globally must be true/must be false in all given situations), and then tackle substiution type questions. Good luck studying. Keep at it.

64 karma

Thank you @Magnificent2021. I'll try implementing those tips.

64 karma

@EagerestBeaver yeah, half an our seems like a good period to wait. I'll try that! Good point abou running out of games. I should probably keep that in mind because I am terrible at games lol and I wouldn't want to run out before mastering them. Thanks for the advice!