Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warm Up Routine for scheduled LSAT

in General 474 karma

Good Morning Everyone,
I am taking the July LSAT, and I remember in one of the videos JY discussed in a rc passage explanation that you should do a warm up before doing questions. I was wondering if anyone does a warm up routine before the LSAT, and what should it be?

Comments

• hcdbsu24hcdbsu24 Alum Member
    103 karma

Usually what I do is one easy-medium game, 5 relatively easy-medium LR questions, and depending how I feel I read a easier reading comp passage and then I decide whether I want to answer the questions or not. I want to warm up my brain but I am also easily discouraged so that is why I use easier questions just to boost my confidence. It's all about the mindset! This usually only takes 20-25 minutes for me.

• 1058 karma

I usually do 1 easy game, 1 game type with which I struggle, 1 RC passage and questions, and 13 LR problems. It's hard not to, but it is best not to check the answers since you don't want to get down on yourself if there are some wrong ones. I used to think that warming up would drain my energy but I've come to realize how important this step is to success.

• edited May 2020 474 karma

Thanks everyone for the advice and help!! I am definitely gonna warm up.

• mhf.andrewmhf.andrew Member
    207 karma

I think it was also mentioned that it is a good idea to exercise at least twenty minutes before the exam. As your exam starts at 1230, you will presumably have time to exercise both mentally and physically. LSAT takers after July, however, will face an 830 exam start. With more limited hours prior to the exam, I expect to have to choose between twenty minutes physical exercise, or twenty minutes LSAT prep. I expect in this scenario physical exercise would be more helpful, as it is known to improve short-term memory.