Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PT86 RC LSAC Prep Plus vs others (The Mysterious Q27)

in General 410 karma

Hi, looking for some insight here. LSAC Prep Plus has 27 questions on their RC. Every other LSAT prep service I use or refer to (ie. 7sage, Powerscore, Velocity) all have 26 questions, removing Q27.

Was just wondering if they got rid of Q27?

Comments

• J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
    14008 karma

That's crazy.

Is it Q27 that doesn't match what we have?

• 410 karma

@"J.Y. Ping" said:
    That's crazy.

Is it Q27 that doesn't match what we have?

I'm pretty sure everything else I've looked at just has it end at question 26, and Question 27 is just something unique to the LSAC PT 86. If you don't mind an imgur link, here's what I mean:

https://imgur.com/a/jFAyeK2

I can't see right now since I can't upgrade to Ultimate until next month, but I'm pretty sure your Q26 matches the Q26 of LSAC's test.

https://imgur.com/a/LysRiqh

Also noticed that while they always do LR as sections 2 & 3, they do it so that it's in order of the section (so the earlier LR is the first LR) but it's reversed in this PT. Trippy! Was there ever a Q27 that ended up getting removed, or did I get a bonus question?

• KevinLuminateLSATKevinLuminateLSAT Alum Member
    edited May 2020 983 karma

The issue is that LSAC accidentally included in Lawhub all of the items they had removed from scoring. This affects not just PT86. Take a look at PT60.LR1.19, PT52.RC.15, PT46.RC.9, PT45.LR1.5, PT66.LG.17. It's all there. There's also one test where the removed item is #1 and the section glitches out...I forgot which one, I think it's in the PT20s. I say let's take this opportunity to study these problems to see if we can figure out why LSAC found them flawed enough to remove.

• Oni LSATOni LSAT Alum Member
    218 karma

@KevinLuminateLSAT said:
    The issue is that LSAC accidentally included in Lawhub all of the items they had removed from scoring. This affects not just PT86. Take a look at PT60.LR1.19, PT52.RC.15, PT46.RC.9, PT45.LR1.5, PT66.LG.17. It's all there. There's also one test where the removed item is #1 and the section glitches out...I forgot which one, I think it's in the PT20s. I say let's take this opportunity to study these problems to see if we can figure out why LSAC found them flawed enough to remove.

Now that's news to me. Thank you for the heads up!