143 - 163 in 4 months!!!

Thank you so much to 7 sage and the 7 sage community! I could not have done it without you!
My approach:
I studied 6 hours a day while going through the CC (with a April LSAT date in mind). Once the LSAT was moved to May, I spent my last 5 weeks studying 4 hours a day 6 days a week. I was not moving through the practice tests fast enough with only doing 1-2 tests a week so I skipped the remainder of practice tests and went straight to the 2017-2019 LSAT tests. I found that I had a pretty good grasp on the knowledge and was very comfortable skipping questions. (I used the Powerscore skipping method for LG and the 7sage skipping method for LR). I then examined the analytics of which questions I was missing and found that it was usually when I was looking at the clock (Q5, Q13, Q15, Q20). I then worked on focusing strategies and being aware of when I was actively answering a question and or just passively answering a question. I knew that I wasn't being active if I didn't look at the question stem and use the 7 sage techniques to find the answer (ex: looking for the beam in weakening). That increased my score to the 160 mark. The last 3 weeks I went through an LSAT section each day answering the questions out-loud with a friend. That helped a TON with processing what each answer choice was actually saying and having to defend my answer.

Note: I never mastered the harder questions as the end of the LR but I was able to identify if I knew the question or not. I was scoring -0,-2 on LG and -6 on RC.

Comments

• lexi.livanoslexi.livanos Core Member
    36 karma

Congrats! Question-were you working full time during your studying or did you take time off? I'm currently working full time and I'm trying to figure out how to manage 4 months of studying to make your exact score jump.

• Confidence150Confidence150 Alum Member
    1417 karma

Congratulations!! Best of luck!! Did you apply a skipping method for RC? What were some RC strategies that worked for you?

• DefenderDefender Alum Member
    348 karma

Excellent increase!!!! 163 is an outstanding score. CONGRATS!!!!

• zaney learnerzaney learner Member
    65 karma

My employer was very kind to allow me to work part-time while I was studying! @"lexi.livanos"

My only skipping strategy in RC was just to skip it if I had no idea about the answer or I could target it as a question that I knew I was really struggling with. My study strategy for the RC was (while studying, to spot my weaknesses) to read the passage to myself and then read allowed before answering the questions to spot if it was a comprehension problem or a question difficulty problem. I started missing significantly less questions when I was able to spot that I fully understood the passage but was hurrying through the questions and not actively battling through the answers. I found that forcing myself to take time to get better at the RC really paid off for when I would do a practice test. My reading became much faster and smoother, as well as I became much more comfortable with the questions because all the work I put in made them all start to seem similar and I could find the patterns. @Magical2021

• 1952 karma

congrats!!

• julianaporoye27julianaporoye27 Alum Member
    196 karma

Congratulations!