Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Core Curriculum

NYCUSA98NYCUSA98 Member
in General 22 karma

Hello, I am about 2 weeks into studying for my October LSAT. I have been studying 5-6 hours a day and about 8 on weekends. My diagnostic score was a 150 about 2 or 3 months ago and I hope to raise my score to a 165. I am writing in here to ask a few questions about this whole experience.

Do I have enough time to raise the 15 points?

How long will it take me to finish the Core Curriculum at the rate that I am studying?

How long should I be doing PTs before my October LSAT date?

I figured maybe 2 months of 5 LSATs a week, (with blind review, obviously) but I’m not sure if that’s overkill or if I should spend more time focusing on the Core Curriculum and my notes from it.

Thank you all and best of luck.

Comments

• NYCUSA98NYCUSA98 Member
    22 karma

BUMP

• 246 karma

@johnfederico032398 happy to hear that you have a lot of time to dedicate to your lsat prep. My advise to you is to not rush too fast through the cc. Its super important to have your fundamentals down before you start rushing into time tests.You want to make sure that you are confidently building your fundamentals down before you are putting yourself to the clock and potentially setting yourself up for frustration. You also dont want to build bad habits. Really make sure that you're understanding each question type and what it is that you can do to get to your dream score without having to do extra work on the other end because you rushed through the course. I would say that 5 exams a week is definitely overkill. A huge chunk of your learning will come through blind review and meticulously going through the exams after you've completed them. Taking that many, imho, is just going to burn you out and frustrate you as you won't be giving yourself enough time to absurd the lessons you could be learning from each exam you take. Having said that, a 15 point increase is definitely possible, but that truly depends on you, your learning aptitude and your dedication to truly master this test.

• NYCUSA98NYCUSA98 Member
    22 karma

@journeyto99thpercentile I really appreciate this response. My house burnt down on Father's Day and this is my first day back since it. Logging on to see a positive response to a previously unanswered question has motivated me to continue the 40 hour study week I have been doing. Thank you so much for taking your time to read and comment on my question.

• 246 karma

@johnfederico032398 so sorry to hear about your house burning down. I can't even imagine what you're going through. I'm glad that my post brought some positivity and renewed energy and enthusiasm to your studies. Please reach back out when you need a little advice, or are struggling in your prep. I definitely have a bunch of different resources to turn you towards.

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

Sorry about your house. I hope you, your family, and any pets are OK.