Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Register for 2 LSAT test dates?

in General 769 karma

I have heard that law schools like to see one good score rather than retakes, but have also heard that it can be good to send in a better score after your first one to the schools you apply to. I know it's better to apply earlier, so I'm wondering if it would be more beneficial to take the LSAT in October and apply in November and then also take the November LSAT, or to just take the November one and apply in December so I have an extra month to study and only one score?

Comments

• noonawoonnoonawoon Alum Member
    3481 karma

The admissions portion of this site has a section addressing this. Basically, if your score is not too low that they might reject you off the bat (as opposed to waitlisting or giving you a long wait for a decision), you are better off waiting for a higher score to apply. So if you take the LSAT in October and apply without knowing your score, you do take that risk. However, if you think your score is okay for admissions and not necessarily likely to lead to outright rejection, you can submit with your first score while retaking and waiting for a new score. There are benefits to applying earlier, but you have to weigh those benefits against the risk of an outright rejection.