Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Learning from Uncommon Mistakes

Matthew LLCMatthew LLC Free Trial Member
in General 114 karma
How should I go about learning from questions that aren't common? There are a few questions that require pure reasoning and don't rely on patterns or anything. I'm having some trouble with them. Is there anything I can do to improve that?

Comments

• blah170blahblah170blah Alum Inactive ⭐
    edited March 2015 3545 karma
    Even the ones that aren't common still have some discernible patterns. Make a list of the uncommon questions that trip you up and make sure to add to that list every time you take a PT. Once you see like 5 of the same questions, think of similarities between them -- what do the wrong answer choices look like? What does finding the right answer choice require?

For most of these uncommon questions (I hesitate to say all as a matter of principle), there are still multiple of them in the 74 LSATs that have been administered. You just need to more diligent about noting them :)
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    I have the same question! Especially those that include _______ (fill in the blank) in the older PTS
  • blah170blahblah170blah Alum Inactive ⭐
    3545 karma
    @emli1000 Those are usually variants of MBT questions. You can only fill in the blank what you can properly infer from the stimulus.
    3462 karma
    @blah170blah Yea some are but then some I look at like WTH did I just read lol
    3462 karma
    @Charles11 to answer your question what I'm starting to do with these uncommon questions is make a list in an excel sheet and save it for a later time. I also try to memorize the pattern used on that question type.