Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAT Flex- Using a touch laptop

Andrew_NeimanAndrew_Neiman Alum Member
in General 258 karma

Does anyone know if we can use a laptop like the Microsoft Go to utilize the touch features and to orient the screen similar to the tablet experience? Also, when using a laptop, is there a way to choose which webcam proctorU will use if you have multiple options? I was told the proctors need to have a certain field of view so they can see you at all times so I was curious if we could disable the front facing one and use a third party / usb attached webcam so we can lay our laptops in a way some of us might be more comfortable with.

Thank you for any insight! :)

Comments

• danielbrowning208danielbrowning208 Alum Member
    531 karma

I was told by ProctorU that I could not use the touchscreen on my surface laptop. But my understanding is that LSAC is sending out Microsoft Go tablets to those without an adequate computer, so who knows.

• DINOSAURDINOSAUR Member
    591 karma

I'm also thinking about using a touch-screen laptop (surface pro). I have two friends who used touch-screen laptop in May and June Flex. Also, the rules announced on the LSAC website only says "To provide broad availability to test takers, LSAT-Flex can be accessed by test takers with a laptop or desktop computer with either a Windows or Mac operating system." In other words, touch screen laptop is not prohibited. I think if you are not allowed to use touch screen laptop, it is the proctor that does not know the rules.

• EveryCookCanGovernEveryCookCanGovern Alum Member
    401 karma

I used my surface go in June. They didn't say anything to me.