Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Disappointing Flex Score

grbr0210grbr0210 Member

HI everyone! First post on here. I found out this morning that I scored significantly lower on my June LSAT-Flex than my PT average. Just signed up for 7Sage Ultimate+ to keep practicing, but I am feeling SO discouraged. What I thought would be my safety schools are now barely target schools. I am scheduled to retake in August - I know this is a quick turn around, but I want the option to apply early. Does anyone have advice for improving my score and/or getting my confidence back up?

Comments

• manvithamanvitha Alum Member
    23 karma

Hey there! I'm sorry to hear that. If you scored significantly lower than your PT average, could it be test-day anxiety that led to the lower score? Or maybe you just had a bad exam. It happens to the best of us. Keep PTing and doing BR, and simulate test-day conditions as much as possible now that you know how the Flex works. Also, make sure you're PTing in the late 70s and 80s! These PTs have more rule-substitution questions on LG than do earlier exams, and the LR has more of certain question types than do earlier exams (or so I've noticed). Don't focus too much on your June score - you got this!

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

If you're a 2020-2021 applicant, you're super-early and you're going to have lots of options. Don't give up. I'm sorry about this take, though. I'm sure your PT average is a better indicator of where you stand and where you can get to--it may even extend beyond where it is now if you keep working. Also, there's a podcast on Spivey where he discusses not only his own experiences with disappointment but also a large number of pre-law students. It was good. It's called Calming Your LSAT Anxiety. I hope it helps you. Also, we're here for you so please keep reaching out.

• jscaccia7jscaccia7 Member
    33 karma

Hi everyone, first time commenting on 7Sage! Ghbruce, I'm in the same boat as you are in now. I saw my score and was disappointed in the outcome. However, after listening to many LSAT podcasts on Spotify and even listening to the makers of the PowerScore LSAT Bible, it's very common for students to take the LSAT more than once. Try to remember on the test or even look back at your PT on questions that you answered incorrect or weren't confident 100%. This became helpful for me especially in LR. I created a Google Doc spread sheet and put all the questions I answered incorrectly on this document and then I reviewed them. I'm scheduled to take the August LSAT just like you so. This may sound too cliche, but you have to put that June score behind you and out of mind and now just focus the rest of the summer on the August test.