Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Very low v. Very high questions

HornetsSFHornetsSF Alum Member
in General 16 karma

I have taken 2 preptest already and I am missing most of the "V.high" questions but get ALL "V.low" questions I get correct? Has anyone had trouble with this? Lower PT with higher BR

Comments

• 34 karma

The V.high and V.low designations are based on whether or not you got the question right during the first pass and during blind review. So, if you miss a question both during the timed exam and during blind review, it is "very high" priority for you to review it. If you miss it during the timed exam but get it right during blind review, it'll be "low" priority for you to review because you understand the question. It differs for each person and the high priority ones are the ones you missed because those are the ones that are important for you to understand why you got it wrong! Difficulty is a different metric represented by the 1-5 circles.

• OldLadyKOldLadyK Alum Member
    396 karma

Hey there! Yes, when you start taking PT's there usually is variance between your timed vs. BR score. Is your BR score significantly higher than your timed score? Lower level questions are easier as they're designed to be more "intuitive" and thus less time should be designated to them overall. If you get harder questions right during BR that you missed while running through a timed PT, then you just need to find a timing strategy that works for you. I would suggest drilling question types that trip you up and see if you can work on speed and accuracy. If you are missing hard questions during BR when time is not a factor, this points to a deeper issue that involves understanding the fundamentals. I would watch the tutorials over and drill these as well, but without timing until you've got a better grip on them. I've made vast improvements just forcing myself to stare down my weaknesses head-on and drill them constantly. Hopefully that's helpful and I wish you all the best on your LSAT journey!

• HornetsSFHornetsSF Alum Member
    16 karma

Thank you!!