Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Admissions help

I am not sure if I am posting this to the right place, but I have a few questions about admissions I would like help with. My plan is to take the LSAT in August and immediately after, start preparing materials for admissions. If my score is not where I want it, then I will retake the test in October. Do I have enough time for the admissions process if I start after the August test?

Comments

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

Yes, plenty of time unless you're dealing with a crisis/emergency situation. Do remember that the application materials take some time, though. For example, if you transferred schools, you need the dates of enrollment and why you transferred. And you'll need a list of every place you've ever worked or volunteered.

• EagerestBeaverEagerestBeaver Alum Member
    703 karma

If you are working on your application as a full-time endeavor, two months is certainly enough time. If you have to prioritize other things, two months is still probably enough time to do a few hours every day and still get it on time.

• 99thPercentileOrDieTryin99thPercentileOrDieTryin Free Trial Member
    edited July 2020 652 karma

I didn't start applying until early January and I got accepted all over the place. I began preparing my apps in November so, take that for what it's worth. The standard rule is: the earlier, the better.