Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advice on building mental endurance?

PetrichorPetrichor Alum Member
edited March 2015 in General 359 karma
I am wondering anyone has any advice on building mental endurance? I tend to get tired around 90 minutes or so, RC section tend to nosedive if I am already tired...

I already workout and read quite a bit so I am hoping for advice on other areas that may help.

Comments

• emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    I recently begin to notice the same for me. So I figured I had to break that cycle so on Tue I'm going to atempt taking to PTs back to back & then BR the following day. If I fee that that is not helping and only making it worse. Then I will only take PTs with 5/6 sections.
  • Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    edited March 2015 3438 karma
    @Petrichor : Well here's the thing I did... I took 2 - 3 PTs a week every 3rd PT I answered would be under exam conditions... but the other two, I'd take a break after every section for 5 minutes... this would helped me adjust to PTing and then the final 3 weeks before the exam, I did all the PT's under timed conditions... endurance is a something that develops overtime... and by about 3 weeks before the exam (enough time for 8 odd tests) , I had developed the endurance to go it through and through... but the 5 minute breaks at the beginning actually helped I felt...they allowed me to sit through the full test under some sort of pressure... but still gave my mind... which was not at that time ready for the full run the rest that it needed... the 3rd test of the week was like (in gym terms) my 3rd and heaviest set... where I would push my self... ultimately, I weaned my self off the 5 minute breaks and only took a 15 minute break after the 3rd section. In your case, I would also recommend that you do at least some full 5 section tests instead of just 4 section tests... you can do this by using the super prep test sections as the 5th section... or by redoing sections of tests that you've completed which gave you problems.
  • Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    edited March 2015 3438 karma
    As @emli1000 said, 6 section tests might not be a bad idea... when you can get to the point where you consistently handle 6 sections... (it will not be in your first and likely not even in your 7th - 8th test either)... you will find handling 3 sections without a break a LOT easier.