1-2 Month Out Study Advice + Closing real PT/BR gap

sammychewssammychews Member
in General 210 karma

Hi all,

I've decided to delay my exam to the October 3, 2020 test date in hopes of improving my timing and score -- currently PT-ing in high 140s/low 150s and BR-ing in high 150s, goal score is 165. What are some timing tips to close the real PT/BR gap for LR and RC? I've been BR-ing and drilling on non-PT days, and have seen improvement in my BR, 3-4 point BR gain, in the last couple of weeks but can't seem to improve my actual timed exam score (stuck in low 150s!!).

Second, how have you been studying with 1-2 months left? Drilling your weak areas? How many PT's do you take each week? I've found that taking 2 exams per week (in addition to drilling) is adequate to get a full BR + review of each exam without feeling burnt out but I'm not sure if I'm doing too much/little. If you take more PTs, are you splitting up sections and taking those separately instead of full PTs?

I thought it'd be important to note I'm fortunate enough to have been able to take this summer off in order to study for this exam full-time, but since I'm delaying the test until October I'll be getting a part-time job soon. I'd appreciate any advice or tips you have!