Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Write an Addendum for a Withdraw?

ahnendc-1ahnendc-1 Member
in General 642 karma

Hey everyone, I’m unsure as to whether I should write an addendum for withdrawing from a course while in undergrad after the add/drop period resulting in a “W” on my transcript.

The reasoning is because I was enrolled in a Politics of China class and realized that if I completed the course at my home university then I would not be able to transfer over/ take the associated course on my study abroad trip (in China!!!) in the subsequent semester.

When I withdrew my advisor mentioned that it would be a small black mark on my transcript so I have been somewhat worried about it ever since. I ended up still being a full time student that semester but I’m a little concerned that ad coms would think that I couldn’t handle the course work during a particular semester since I had dropped from ~18 to ~15 even though there are multiple other semesters during which I was enrolled in more than 18 hours.

Do I write this addendum?
  1. Do I write this addendum?3 votes
    1. Yes
      33.33%
    2. No
      66.67%

Comments

• Law and YodaLaw and Yoda Alum Member
    4300 karma

I'm in the same boat lol. I have one W on my transcript during one of my three 18 hour course semesters and unsure whether to write an addendum or not. When I asked a couple of the deans during some of the 7sage Webinars, almost all had the same reply. "If it wasn't a reoccurring issue, like having 3 or 4 W's, then it isn't necessary to write one. If you feel like your application would be incomplete without it or you're just losing sleep over it, then write one." Hope this helps!