Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For those who are prescribed and take it regularly...

taycsmittaycsmit Free Trial Member
in General 14 karma
Did you take an Adderall the day of the exam? If so, did you take your regular dose, less, or more of? I am most interested in those who the title applies to that didn't take it the day of the exam, and how it affected you, either beneficially or detrimentally.

I am taking the test in June and as you might of assumed have ADD. I have heard a variety of answers from friends/colleagues and was curious what other answer samples might conclude.

Also I was going to request accommodations for my LSAT, but time turned fragile and I ended up not going through with all of it due to the opportunity costs associated with getting re-diagnosed for LSAC standards. A part of me wishes I would of done everything required to get the accommodations, because hey more time is MORE TIME. Please share any experiences or input you have on the issue.

Good Luck in June!

Comments

• JustinaJJustinaJ Alum Member
    223 karma
    I take Adderall daily for my ADHD and I took my normal dose and I was normal..
  • Gz412326Gz412326 Alum Member
    92 karma
    I am not a healthcare professional but I would suggest taking your normal dose, or less, but not more. You'll already be nervous test day and if you are taking more than your usual dosage it might contibute to increased anxiety. I've been taking slightly less than my normal perscribed dose when I test and it has worked well for me. I would imagine that you would want to take the same dose test day as you do while studying. Just my opinion.
  • kendallMkendallM Free Trial Member
    edited March 2015 66 karma
    Don't you have to pee a lot taking that? I've heard things about it as it was the "smart pill" at my university
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    You should take it exactly as prescribed and without modifying your medication schedule.
  • chinobonitochinobonito Member
    105 karma
    i have a prescription, and my doctor advised me to not take it often, and space out the dosage. i personally find that helpful compared to taking it daily. I'd suggest to talk to you doctor and it depends on your dosage/mg
  • JustinaJJustinaJ Alum Member
    223 karma
    @KendallM I guess. It makes me have extreme cotton mouth which in turn makes me drink a lot of water..
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    @taycsmit I think this is something you should discuss with your doctor and follow his/her advice. Since everyone is different.