Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Timing Results

NamritaktNamritakt Member
in General 175 karma

I noticed that when I add up the elapsed time for each individual question of LR sections after taking a them on 7 sage (times are available under the results page) they do not add up to the time allotted for the section (34:40/26 questions). Instead, it comes to 29 minutes or so. Is the timing section under the results page reliable?

Comments

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    5740 karma

@taggarnk said:
    I noticed that when I add up the elapsed time for each individual question of LR sections after taking a them on 7 sage (times are available under the results page) they do not add up to the time allotted for the section (34:40/26 questions). Instead, it comes to 29 minutes or so. Is the timing section under the results page reliable?

Hi there,

To help me answer your question, can you tell me if you stopped the section early, or did the time elapsed on its own?

• NamritaktNamritakt Member
    175 karma

@"Juliet --Student Service--" I did not stop the time early, it elapsed on its own.

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    5740 karma

@taggarnk said:
    @"Juliet --Student Service--" I did not stop the time early, it elapsed on its own.

Thank you for getting back to me. I will investigate the issue and get back to you..

edited July 2020 5740 karma

Hi @taggarnk

We investigated the issue and found that the reason why the amount of time is short is because the website always rounded the number of seconds down. This was unintentional. This meant that the timings were, on average, 0.5s too low for each question. We just released a fix for this so now the totals should be more accurate.

However, since this would only account for about 13s of the 5m difference you reported, please let us know the precise section (including the PrepTest or Problem Set) where you saw the issue. We will then take a closer look at the data on your account.

edited July 2020 175 karma

Hey @"Juliet --Student Service--" It was PT 44 Section 4 (LR). Thank you for all of your help!

5740 karma

Hi @taggarnk,

You're welcome! We added up the timing for your problem set entitled: "26 Questions from PT 44", and it came out to 34:41. See the calculations below:

Please double check on your side to see if it matches what you have.

Thank you.

edited July 2020 175 karma

@"Juliet --Student Service--" I just double checked! I think I may have had the filter on when adding up the values, and potentially missed one or two. Regardless, I’m glad to know the values are exact now! Sorry for all the trouble and thank you so so much for your help!

5740 karma

@taggarnk said:
    @"Juliet --Student Service--" I just double checked! I think I may have had the filter on when adding up the values, and potentially missed one or two. Regardless, I’m glad to know the values are exact now! Sorry for all the trouble and thank you so so much for your help!

You're welcome! Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any further questions.