Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tips for what to do immediately before PT/Test?

cheyballcheyball Member
in General 23 karma

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone has any tips for how to prepare immediately before taking a practice test. I feel like if I don't prep a little before taking it, I get tripped up more easily by LR and RC sections. Do any of you do any drills before taking a PT to boost your confidence? If so, what do you do?

Comments

• lipkin.15lipkin.15 Alum Member
    55 karma

I didnt do anything for PT's, but for the real thing I did practice problems from each section an hour or so before, then watched some tv and chatted with a friend on the phone for a few minutes. I also was up for 3 hours before my test, ran that morning, and ate a good breakfast!

• Point_blank12Point_blank12 Alum Member
    57 karma

I would usually do the first 5-10 LR questions from a previous PT or problem set/CC, and maybe also either read an easy passage or do an easy logic game. I never looked at my answers so I wouldn't psych myself out, but found just going through the sets helped me get into the groove of the test before starting.

• whatsmynamewhatsmyname Member
    606 karma

Warm up exercises (different types of LG, specific LRs) but dont strain yourself too much. Meditate a bit if you know how. Some basic physical exercise (run/pushups) to get the blood pumping. Eat clean.