Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need advice about August LSAT! Please help!

dhaley22dhaley22 Member
in General 118 karma

I'm in desperate need of some advice! I've been studying since around March using a bunch of different resources. My PT scores were all over the place, with a 173 as my highest and a 161 as my lowest. My average was about a 166 and my goal was a 168. I took the July LSAT and scored a 164, which was obviously below my goal but not as bad as it could have been.

The dilemma I'm facing now is if I should retake, and if so, when. I'm currently registered for the August LSAT, but I could always try to postpone to October.

Some more info: my dream schools are GW, Fordham, and BU. Undergrad GPA from NYU was 3.95, graduated summa cum laude. I feel confident I could get into the three schools I listed above with my GPA and current LSAT score, but not sure about significant scholarships. I'm incredibly blessed and won't need to take out loans regardless, but would love to not have to pay full price.

Here's the caveat: I'm having an immensely difficult time finding motivation right now, as my family is facing a lot of external stressors and I can't seem to focus. I haven't really studied at all since receiving my score a week ago, and I'm worried that if I don't put in enough time to study, my score could possibly decrease.

So, the question is: should I risk retaking, and if so, when? Do y'all think there's still a possibility that I could get into one of those schools with a scholarship, even with my lower LSAT score? I would so much appreciate any and all advice cause I am quite overwhelmed right now.

Comments

• jpgreensteinjpgreenstein Member
    136 karma

I mean worst case you don't score as well and lost $200 and still end up in a good law school with a 164. Best case you do better and get more money. I see no harm in going for it unless you are absolutely against it. Given your current PTs you could take it super easy and not overstudy. Do a PT a week till the test with BR and intense review and you should be alright. Don't stress it.