Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is 6 Months Adequate?

Controller779Controller779 Alum Member
in General 221 karma
I have had an "Ultimate" subscription for two months but am only 30% through the core curriculum as I run a business that requires about 12-14 hours of work, seven days a week.

I am selling part of the business and will now only be required to work around 4 hours a day, 5 days a week. This now gives me way more opportunity for LSAT prep.

I am aiming for October's test. I know there are loads of variables at stake, but is six months generally considered sensible/enough prep time, if I go all guns blazing?

Cold diagnostic was 148, so there is a long way to go!

Comments

• Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    3438 karma
    While everybody is different and learns at a different pace... 6 months is generally good enough for people to max out their potential.
    3438 karma
    Set the target for 6 months and start studying and assess as you go along.
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    It should be! But get to is asap! & if you're not ready by Sept. then postpone until Dec.
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    Here's something else to consider, if you haven't seen it already:
    http://7sage.com/lesson/the-three-worst-lsat-mistakes

It talks a lot about timing and other common mistakes students tend to make in their study methodology. :)
    3438 karma
    @"Dillon A. Wright" that write up is worth its weight in PURE gold... thanks for posting that.. I was trying to look it up...
    12637 karma
    @"Nilesh S" No problem! For future ref, it's the second link at the very top of your syllabus. :)
    3438 karma
    @"Dillon A. Wright" lol my bad... hadn't checked in a while since my package has expired :D its still there with the free package though so should have looked for it there :P
    12637 karma
    It's okay! :D
  • Will EdwardsWill Edwards Alum Member Inactive Sage
    175 karma
    @jamesjentucker - I began studying in February 2014 and took the September/October test. My diagnostic was a little higher than yours, but that could be for any number of reasons on both of our ends. So I think it is possible for you to take the October test and do well based on where you are now. However, definitely heed the advice of JY, Dillon and the other 7sage instructors. You cannot cram. You have to actually learn the skills of the LSAT. Don't get burned out. And definitely do not waste practice tests. Remember, you can always push your test date back if you think that you are not at 100% of your potential yet. That can be frustrating but getting the best LSAT score you can is well worth it.