Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tips to improve?

JX_JennyJX_Jenny Member
in General 15 karma

Hi,
I started studying LSAT on April. It has been about 5 months. I have improved about 10 points from very first test. However, this is where I stand now. I have no improvement anymore for about a month already. I am currently taking like 3 PrepTests per week. All tests and BR came out to be around the same result with no improvement. I feel like I am stuck. Would any of you please share how to improve more? I need to get at least 10 more points. My weakness is RC. However, any tips for any section would be appreciated. Thank you so much. I am stuck and stressed.
Jenny

Comments

• Tempore NovissimoTempore Novissimo Alum Member
    103 karma

Hi, I don't know how in-depth my advice can be without specifically knowing your situation but from what you've stated in your post, I would recommend cutting down the amount of PTs you take per week. How about trying to do maybe 1 or 2 PTs a week but do a more intensive BR with the goal of trying to get a 180. If your BR isn't perfect then that means there are some things that you are not understanding (remember the goal of BRing is if you had unlimited time in the world, how would you perform on the LSAT). Also, in my opinion Practice Test is a way of practicing, but it isn't the most effective way to practice. I would say taking a PT is like playing a game of 5 on 5 basketball; you get a limited number of shots, you don't have the ball all the time and you're focused on other things instead of your mechanics. You still need to do your shooting and dribbling drills to get better. Do some question specific drilling (maybe 10 questions of a specific question type you struggle with), or some untimed drilling. All of this will be a lot more useful than taking a practice test (remember you have a limited amount). Hope this helps!

• JX_JennyJX_Jenny Member
    15 karma

@johnjyoo said:
    Hi, I don't know how in-depth my advice can be without specifically knowing your situation but from what you've stated in your post, I would recommend cutting down the amount of PTs you take per week. How about trying to do maybe 1 or 2 PTs a week but do a more intensive BR with the goal of trying to get a 180. If your BR isn't perfect then that means there are some things that you are not understanding (remember the goal of BRing is if you had unlimited time in the world, how would you perform on the LSAT). Also, in my opinion Practice Test is a way of practicing, but it isn't the most effective way to practice. I would say taking a PT is like playing a game of 5 on 5 basketball; you get a limited number of shots, you don't have the ball all the time and you're focused on other things instead of your mechanics. You still need to do your shooting and dribbling drills to get better. Do some question specific drilling (maybe 10 questions of a specific question type you struggle with), or some untimed drilling. All of this will be a lot more useful than taking a practice test (remember you have a limited amount). Hope this helps!

Thank you. That helps a lot. I will do that.