Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Addendum for LSAC GPA summarization?

rrustrrust Alum Member
Should I write an addendum asking admissions to see my undergraduate transcript for a better reflection of my GPA than the LSAC academic summarization? I had two one credit classes that I was given a "No Credit" for, but these classes were pass/fail and did not count towards my GPA. My GPA is .06 difference between the two reports. Not only this, but I had no idea I was ever enrolled in the classes. While I know I can call my undergrad institution to get them removed, I'm worried I won't have time for this with final deadlines approaching for fall admissions. Does admissions even look at my undergrad transcript or do they only look at the LSAC summarization? Need some advice!

Comments

• PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    No, do not write an addendum for this. You'll just be drawing way too much undue attention for a minuscule difference. It will just be another thing for an adcom to read without adding value which is something to avoid.
  • rrustrrust Alum Member
    52 karma
    Will adcom look at my undergrad transcript at all? Or just LSAC summarization report?
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    I'm on the @Pacifico bandwagon.
  • David BusisDavid Busis Member Moderator
    7272 karma
    More to the point, the LSAC calculates its own GPA precisely because it's sometimes different from your undergraduate GPA. Law Schools want to look at a standardized number—a GPA that's calculated the same way for everyone—so they know they're comparing apples to apples. That means your college's version of your GPA is actually irrelevant.

If you think you can get the classes removed from your transcript, do so, and resend your transcripts to the LSAC. You have plenty of time before the fall deadlines.