Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

lsat and the economist

joncornfield5300joncornfield5300 Free Trial Member
edited September 2013 in General 7 karma
So, like many people on this forum studying for the october lsat, I have pretty much been living and breathing the test for the last couple weeks (months?)...
anyways, I thought some people would get a kick out of this...

I took Prep test 61 yesterday...took it, reviewed, blah blah blah...

Then I went home and started reading the economist. I got to the SECOND article of this weeks issue (the weakened west) and I started to think, man this all sounds kinda weird and familiar. And why you ask? The second passage of RC on PT 61 happens to be all Han van Meegeren forging Vermeer artwork-- then making a ton of money, only to later go on and make a bunch of critics look foolish when he gives himself up. Turn to page 12 of the economist, and what do you find, "Fakes say some interesting things about the economics of art," an article all about van Meegeren, and a new forger in New York who tricked some galleries into buying 63 forged works and making out with $30 million dollars!

Seriously, you could probably answer some of the questions from the passage correctly from reading the economist article, and NOT the actual lsat passage!!

Crazy, I thought some of yall would like that; as I just had one of those, 'man, am I a nerd or what?' moments.

Comments

• lmallette4lmallette4 Free Trial Member
    19 karma
    It sounds like you should keep reading The Economist; you're getting something positive out of it!

You might be a nerd, but in a good way. Now, if you have no reason to read The Economist other than for sheer pleasure, then you might be getting into "Sheldon From The Big Bang Theory" territory!
  • Luis89011Luis89011 Alum Member
    48 karma
    man thats awesome, nerd on bro, I need to read the economist
  • J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
    13940 karma
    I often find Economist articles to resemble LSAT questions in style as well as content:
    http://7sage.com/how-to-improve-your-lsat-score-by-reading-interesting-articles/
  • EuripidesFanEuripidesFan Free Trial Member
    83 karma
    Ya there's an article in this week's issue about nanotubes (cylinders made of carbon). It sounds like it was taken straight from an LSAT science passage.
  • EuripidesFanEuripidesFan Free Trial Member
    83 karma
    The book reviews and obituaries from the Economist are also very LSAT-like