Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Difference between Interchangeable Grouping Game vs. Repeating Items Grouping Game

jdy_995_004jdy_995_004 Member
in Logic Games 22 karma

Could anyone elaborate what the difference between the two types are? I cannot for the life of me figure it out! Would appreciate greatly for any help :).

Comments

• jdseidler-1jdseidler-1 Member
    61 karma

I’m not quite sure what you mean by interchangeable, sometimes the groups themselves may he interchangeable or just the game pieces may be. Perhaps you could give me an example of one?
    But repeating items is when there may be one game piece that is used multiple times (ex. Mary gives a presentation on two days)

• __Eugene____Eugene__ Member
    56 karma

Ill try to explain. I didn't get this for the longest time, but I'm pretty sure I understand the difference.

for grouping repeating items, the categories that the game pieces get sorted into aren't interchangeable, they are distinct.
    there might be a rule for a specific category. for example, you might know that P is on day 3.

for grouping int, the categories that the items get sorted into are interchangeable.for some reason it seems to be way more effective to make a chart for grouping repeating items than for grouping int.

for a grouping int game, a rule might say "one of the costumes needs to have the color red." for a grouping repeating items game, a rule might say "costume one needs to the color red in it"

I hope that makes sense.