Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Not really lsat related but...

rschwartz2022rschwartz2022 Member
in General 52 karma

Does anyone feel that they're woefully uninformed abt political happenings? I try to keep up with the news but I inevitably fall off for weeks at a time and I haven't watched the DNC or RNC this year. Do you guys spend time reading/watching the news? What are your favorite sources? Should I set aside 20 minutes a day or so to keep myself informed?

Comments

• edited August 2020 65 karma

“If you don’t read the newspaper, you’re uninformed. If you do, you’re misinformed.”

It can honestly be very draining following the news because every day theres a new crisis but I also think its pretty important to do your own research. For me I took a break from politics during my LSAT studying. Reddit and media will make you think the world is ending and that can really hurt you with LSAT studying, so as long as you can balance it I would recommend it.

• ramiro.a.vel94ramiro.a.vel94 Alum Member
    edited August 2020 18 karma

everything in moderation. especially politics. I like to watch Democracy Now with Amy Goodman. Recently found it, and it covers world and US politics daily for no longer than ~15 min. ww.youtube.com/user/democracynow

• rschwartz2022rschwartz2022 Member
    52 karma

Thanks ramiro.a.vel94 ! I'll have to check it out :)

• mrowley91mrowley91 Alum Member
    edited August 2020 203 karma

I feel these days it's hard to sort through the mess of the media. I try to read a articles online (I can't do CNN/Fox news on tv...too much yelling) from a variance of political leanings. I do this for two reasons: I like to hear opinions other than my own and I feel it's important to hear all sides of the problem to get a better perspective. Second, I find that you can sort through the opinions and find commonalities when you read about the same issue in multiple publications. For more moderate/less left or right leaning media, I use the Associated Press. BBC, Bloomberg, and Financial times can also provide some interesting perspectives.