Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trying to nail down LG before Oct flex test

lsatdiva333lsatdiva333 Member
in Logic Games 227 karma

Hi 7Sagers

I'm planning on taking the October Flex but am struggling to improve my LG score. Currently I'm averaging around between 3 to 5 incorrect, and am hoping to reduce that to 0-2 by October, but not sure if that's being unrealistic :( I'm feeling a bit discouraged after taking PT 57 (the section with the infamous dinosaur game). I feel like my biggest struggles are finishing the section on time, not being able to draw my game board and draw global inferences as efficiently/quickly, and not knowing when to decisively split my game board.

I've already taken full practice tests: PT 1-20, and a couple from the 20/30/40/50's range and am planning on taking several more from those ranges and from the 60/70/80's range before I take the October test. I know it may not be ideal to take a few from each range instead of solving them chronologically, but I've heard it's good to practice with recent tests as well and I simply don't have the time to solve everything before the October test. I'm currently drilling PT 21-35 (games only), foolproofing those, and foolproofing all the LG sections from the full PTs I'm taking, but it's frustrating to see close to no improvement.

Do you guys have any advice on how to improve LG score in a month, and if this is even the most efficient method? Not sure if I should focus on solving more games before test day (even if that means I have less time to foolproof and review previously solved games), or focus on perfecting the ones I've solved before (even if that means I have less time to solve games either in drills or in full PTs).

Also, is it worthwhile to foolproof games based on game type (so today I foolproof Pure Sequencing games only, tomorrow Grouping In+Out only, etc.)

Open to hearing any of your guys' thoughts - Thank you so much!