Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

that feeling when a lawschool emails you...

This is random, but!

Does anyone internalize it when a law school emails you and tells you they'll waive the application fee? Is that their way of saying they want you there, and you'd be very likely to get accepted if you apply?

I'm gearing to take the LSAT for the second time, but I'm getting emails from all these schools that I've been considering, and it makes me wonder if I'm wasting my time taking it again and studying like crazy, if I'm already gonna get into the schools I want to get into.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Selene SteelmanSelene Steelman Free Trial Member Admissions Consultant
    2037 karma

Admissions offices can run reports based on certain criteria (registrants with GPAs of 3.0 and above, or registrants living in certain geographic areas, or registrants with LSAT scores of 161 and above, or registrants who expressed interest in PI Law) and pull names of registered candidates who fit their criteria from LSAC's database. Admissions can then send them emails about fee waivers or recruit events. You should try to prepare for and achieve the best possible score you can to maximize your options later in the cycle.

• alexmahmoudalexmahmoud Core Member
    89 karma

@"selene.steelman" said:
    Admissions offices can run reports based on certain criteria (registrants with GPAs of 3.0 and above, or registrants living in certain geographic areas, or registrants with LSAT scores of 161 and above, or registrants who expressed interest in PI Law) and pull names of registered candidates who fit their criteria from LSAC's database. Admissions can then send them emails about fee waivers or recruit events. You should try to prepare for and achieve the best possible score you can to maximize your options later in the cycle.

hey, thanks! I figured they pulled my name out of LSAC's database, but yeah definitely gonna try to do better on my second round. hoping for scholarship $$$ !